Monday, August 30, 2010

In my next 30 yrs

I recently had a monumental birthday. I am now in my 30's! I guess I can no longer be called a "young" single adult. Just a plain adult, I guess. I was a little apprehensive about it, who knows why... maybe because I'm a silly girl. Yup. That's why. I had long decided to plan a trip to celebrate so it was more something I looked forward to. It's not Italy, but it is something else on my bucket list: Seeing the autumn leaves in Maine. I'm all set to go the first of October. Too bad they couldn't come a month early for my real birthday.
Looking back on my last 30 yrs, I can't believe how much I've experienced and learned. It is definitely something to be proud of.

The rest of this post is inspired by the Tim McGraw song "In my next 30 yrs".

I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age,
The ending of an era, the turning of a page
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
I'll be much better in my next thirty years.

In my next thirty years I'm gonna not keep track of scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Focus on the happiness and not the hurt and fear
Remember what I'm doing here, In my next thirty years.

In my next thirty years I'm gonna balance more my time
cross off more bucket lists while I'm still in my prime
Change a few more lives at home and in my great career
Make up for lost time here in my next thirty years.

My next thirty years, I'll make the best ones that I can
Raise a little family and hang out with my man.
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Trust God to lead me through my next thirty years.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That was beautiful Em. It made me cry. I love you!

Sister Ginger Cannon said...

What a wonderful poem Em! Maybe on my birthday I should do one for my next sixty years!

Karen Ella said...

Welcome to the big 3-0, Em! Love that song. Love you. (Hey, when do I get to hear more about the man in the next post down, eh?)