Monday, May 9, 2011

the B.A.D. club shower


My girl friends from High School threw me a bridal shower up in Logan last Saturday. We went back to our favorite restaurant/hang out "Fredrico's Pizza" and then to Amy's house for gifts and dessert. We were a pretty tight knit group back then, and whenever we are together we can still pick things like good friends. It is really quite fun. Even if they all got married a good 10 yrs ago and have 2-3 kids each by now. I am the last remaining one, by a long shot. They were all so excited I was engaged they kind of had to fight over who got to throw the shower... they worked it out and all helped out in some way. :)
We had this self made club back in High School called the "Boys Are Dumb" club. We even got little bead necklaces that said BAD on them, which we loved because they made our moms cringe. Yup, we were sooo rebellious. So much that we even made quilts... where we each sewed squares about ourselves and then traded. One of the squares we wrote Boys Are Dumb and got all of our guy friends to sign...or we may have forged a few signatures...
Domestic, rebellious teenage girls...
I love you guys! Especially since we have almost all made it back to northern Utah somehow.


2 comments:

Karen Ella said...

Sounds like so much fun! I predict this is precisely how it will go down when/if I ever actually take the plunge. SOSOSOSOSO happy for you!!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Yay! BAD girls unite! It was so much fun and again I'm sooo happy for you! Also, I have more pics. Maybe I'll post them on Facebook? Lol! Kidding, but I'll send you a private message though. :)