Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's YOUR secret?

Since I have been so sick for the last week and a half, everyone seems to want to clue me in on their natural secrets to staying healthy or getting rid of a cold. These people honestly swear by these methods. Here are some of the "nature's cure" suggestions:

  • Swallowing a whole clove of garlic once a day
  • Eat broccoli at least 3 times every week
  • B12 shots
  • 1 gallon of Orange juice a day
  • vinegar (drinking it in water, bathing in it, or breathing in the vapors)
  • Airbourne and Zicam tablets
  • Honey and lemon juice in hot water

So, what's YOUR secret? I'm sure there are more things out there you've tried or heard of. Or do you also use one of the above...?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, Jeff swears by the orange juice thing and when I was teaching all the teachers swore by Zicam. I have to admit that I'm a fan of both, but I think prayers are the best:) We'll send some your way!

Thad and Julie said...

Bok! Kako si?! Long time, no see! Sorry you aren't feeling well. I know how that can be. I don't have any cure-all other than Campbell's chunky chicken noodle soup. Have you tried using some cream and sleeping with the window open?

Unknown said...

use the healing powers of the mind man...

Emily Gilgen said...

Got a couple new suggestions today:
-gargle with listerine every night (apparently kept some guy healthy for 90 yrs...uh huh...like they had listerine 90 yrs ago)

-vit C tablets

-chicken broth

-SOUP! how could I have overlooked this? This is generally the first response I get when people find out I am sick. "oh do you need some soup?". Caring people but it didn't cure me. and who could've thought I would get sick of soup!?!

Emily Gilgen said...

Here's a good one: kissing! (my friend watched a discovery show about how this should boost your immune system). Although inticing, I don't believe it-I get sick more often when I am dating someone than not. Sorry Teddy...