Ask me what on earth came to my house in such a huge box...
Ask me how much it weighed...
Ask me how only 2 of us were able to get it out of the box and down the stairs...
and then back up 2 flights of stairs and then down the stairs again... (not without casualties, I assure you)
Ask me how I like my new Tempurpedic...
We've been in the market for a new bed for a couple months. We shopped stores, laid on many a mattress, did a lot of research asking personal friends and looking up surveys/reviews, etc. online and finally decided on a Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme.
So far, we LOVE it.
Here's my review...in case any of you are considering one:
- It is awesome for the back or back pains, etc. support, support, support.
- Soft enough for a princess like me who can feel a pea, firm enough for the guy who can sleep on a hard floor without trouble.
- I think it feels like it just hugs your body curves all over. It lets my bony shoulders and hips dig in without pressure.
- Softer than the original Tempurpedic or other versions we tried...doesn't have that initial hard feeling on first contact.
- We are still debating whether it sleeps "warmer" than any other bed because heat gets trapped. It is firmer when cold, though.
- There is definitely a smell with the newborn mattress. Not too bad for me, but then again my allergies make sure I don't have a very discerning nose like Ben-it does bother him some.
- VERY heavy, even the bottom box support. Get friends to help you move it if you are going to do stairs.
- Much less residual bouncing when a spouse tosses and turns in the night
- Whoever told me that I probably need a tempurpedic pillow as much or more than a mattress, I agree. Gotta get me one of those so my neck feels as good as the rest of my body.
- Can be pricey...but there is a reliable company on eBay that sells original products for about $500 less than retail. :)