Thursday, November 11, 2010

What a Deal

I learned something fantastic last night. Thought I would share this little tidbit with those faithful few that read my blog. Shop online for flights after midnight. I was contemplating taking a last minute trip with a 3 day weekend I have coming up and was disappointed that the flight prices were quite high. I was debating all evening on whether to go or not. I decided to check the prices online again right before I crawled into bed (just after midnight). Voila! $125 cheaper than it had been a few hrs earlier. Same flights, same times. I was thrilled! Was it just a fluke? Someone told me that it might have to do with the volume of people booking at a certain time or that the airlines change their prices at midnight...but I can't verify that. Has anyone else tried it?

2 comments:

Melissa Hislop said...

Now where are you going? It better not be over Thanksgiving.

Jerry said...

Actually, it's a bit of a gamble, but it does work occasionally. The airlines would rather fill the plane a little bit more than have the seats go empty for a flight. This being said, if they feel the flight is full enough, they probably won't reduce prices. I've never tried this myself seeing as how I usually know I want to be somewhere, but if you're super flexible, it sometimes works.