Saturday, August 8, 2009

Opera


So the next step from musical is....opera! I'm going to be in an opera next week. It happened quite randomly, actually. A woman (the leading lady in the opera) from the ward that meets right before mine came to our ward choir practice and tried to recruit a few of us to participate in the chorus of Utah and Idaho Performing Arts Company's production of "Dido and Aeneas". I had never been in an opera before...but it sounded like fun and hey, if my dad could do it, so could I. Plus, I like trying new things! It has been an interesting experience so far. I love that I get to dress up as a witch and cackle (opertically, of course). I also get to be a sailor's wench and a woman of the court. Hopefully it will all be ready by next Friday when we perform. I'd be thrilled to have anyone come and see it.
We are performing in a small community theater in Midvale (695 West Center St.). General Admission tickets are $10 Adults and $8 for Seniors/chilren/military/students. Just email unipac150@gmail.com to reserve your tickets with your name, how many tickets and what day (Aug 14 or 15th). It is in English, but as with any opera, I would recommend reading the story beforehand. It is pretty short, although we still fit in a love story, plotting witches, monster's head, sailor's dance, and a tragic death.

No comments: