Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patricks Day dinner

I had fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Of course I wore green...could I really pass up a chance to dress up? I also made a green dinner for some of my family that was in town. (albeit not for the most joyous of reasons-for my grandmother's funeral). Anyway, I made this spontaneous decision to make dinner the same day so it was a small gathering but still loads of fun! Remember how my family has the extra challenge of multiple food allergies? No problem-this menu just popped into my head and it worked! I thought I would share...in case anyone else is looking for a fast, green, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free meal:) I wish I could share a picture of my creations, but alas, there are none. Blast my inability to remember to get out my camera more.

Appetizer:
Guacamole with corn chip appetizer (i forgot to get the avocado flavored green chips)

Salad:
Spinach and strawberry salad with lime honey dressing

Entree:
Herb crusted chicken (using nut powder instead of flour and olive oil instead of eggwash)
Green beans
pineapple cilantro rice

Dessert:
lime sorbet (unfortunately it would have to be homemade because store brands taint theirs with milk) so we used grapes for those with milk allergies.

Drink:
Lime water

It was fun, and tasty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you can't post a post without posting pictures!